[The Clocktowers]

From Evil, bring Good. If there must be something bad, at least let something positive come of it.
It's the only way Karaglen can really stomach eating their fear at all, however unconscious the decision may be.

In some irrational way, maybe all these wounds the shades are trying to inflict upon her is a worthy penance.

Still really doesn't feel good!
She can't do any wild maneuvers to get away from the things without unseating the children perched on her back, which just leaves her with the awkward task of just trying to jerk her leg slightly back from the final shade and still ending up with an unpleasant draw across the limb.
"Ouch! I'm sorry this is your life."

Familiarity with the shades makes her feel more bad for them than angry, though, as she watches them fall below.

But Talle offers innocent comfort and she can use that to pretend she isn't hurt a little longer. There's an impulse to look back and smile again, but it is handily squashed.
"You're very welcome. We all have to be good helpers when we can, right?"
It's what she was taught when she was even younger. It's what she hopes to teach others.

Now, a possible final room!
A clock, some stairs, and she's guessing the brambles are the briar patch that Sasha mentioned?

This seems straightforward.
Karaglen is immediately suspicious.

She paws her more injured hoof at the ground contemplatively.
"I think that maybe I should test this before you guys jump onto it. Just to make sure it's safe."
If it's just going to end up flinging them into the void or something at sudden warp speed, it's probably better that its her. Barghest bodies seem more inclined towards abuse than little children and yeth bodies.