View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1257 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1257 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Nothing can ever be easy, Roy. Especially not if we want this to last for an entire book.

The part about "Junior Detective" is worrysome, though. Did the OotS leave some clue of their passage further into the tunnel?
    They did. They left footprints from the door to the teleportation trap, but nothing beyond that point. Belkar took the time to erase their tracks, but Oona is a skilled tracker, so if Team Evil takes the time to investigate she might find them anyway.

Unless I missed something, it is also possible that there were monsters in this dungeon too, especially considering Xykon's comment about "nothing left to kill". So Team Evil should be certain that the Order didn't in fact enter this tunnel. What they make of this knowledge is yet to be seen. In 1222 they were not certain that the Order went that way, but there are only a few other possible doors. Best case scenario, they deduce that the Order must have flown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Also loooots of people here seem to have forgotten that there is a half-scorch mark on the ground where Haley used her rat head to disarm the portal and there's no way Redcloak won't notice it and realize what's been going on all along. The tunnel is not going to be a secret any longer.
    Thanks, I had, indeed, forgotten that detail.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    I assume Serini has told Sunny stories about her adventures, and sometimes you like to draw stuff from stories you've enjoyed.
    My thoughts exactly. It just seems like a small reference to the Order of the Scribble, to remind us that they had adventures before, too. I don't think it is significant at all, although I would be pleasantly surprised if the Giant proved me wrong in a later strip.
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2022-05-13 at 11:25 AM.