Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
As regards damage prevention "playing nicer" with more effects than yet another THP-granting effect: 100% agreed.

As regards your quoted question: I would _definitely_ rule as the DM that the damaged party gets to decide where to apply Stone's Endurance's any-type damage prevention and can thus choose to prevent the fire instead of the BSP.

As far as whether the damage prevention can be argued to apply after the resistance, I think that the RAW is pretty clear that can't be. That said, I think there's a good argument that RAW is "wrong" about what should happen, assuming that Stone's Endurance is meant to reflect some kind of internal vitality that reduces the "actual damage", unlike HAM, Monk's Deflect Missiles, and the Parry maneuver, which clearly apply to the damage "from the source's view".

This brings up a good question: is there an easy way to distinguish in the rules whether a reference to an amount of "damage" means "from the source's view" or as "the number of HP that would be lost by the target"?
Agree to disagree about reaction abilities that offer damage reduction. But with respect to the second question, not really. That's basically one of those types of questions that comes up wrt race features and wildshape. There's nothing mechanically different between an elf's immunity to sleep, dwarven poison resistance, and darkvision, but of those darkvision is the only one that doesn't carry over to your wildshape by RAW. If you start trying to split hairs over this, it becomes difficult very quickly.