Quote Originally Posted by MadBear View Post
Hi all,

So I run D&D for my school's D&D club. For teenagers, most are playing exactly as you'd expect, but I have one student who is really running around as a true murder hobo. I don't have a problem with a player going this route per se, but I do want to find a way to impose meaningful consequences for his actions without it becoming the sole focus of everything that happens. For example, they wanted to help "feed" the local dire spider, so they murdered a family living in a nearby cottage and placed the bodies in the spiders lair.

On the one hand, I could just completely ignore said behaviors, and in the other extreme I could have the guild come under attack from the formal government as they have a member committing wanton murder for fun.

What is a realistic in-between that imposes some meaningful consequences for a player who's main goal is to murder anyone/anything that gets in their way (or things that are not in their way, that they go out of the way to kill)?
It is most likely kids being kids. Back in the 70s we did some awful things in D&D land.

A suggestion: Start a new game with new PCs. The story line is they are hired or assigned by higher power to investigate the family's deaths and deal with the culprits. Present them with the horrible actions they've done, and see what, as new PCs, they do about it.