Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
[Brefaisil]

"I should go back to the palace and check on things." Like that guy who came with her from Dho Chladach. He hasn't gotten into trouble or been eaten, she hopes.

"I could leave just after that, or I could set out tomorrow." This has been lengthy and tiring, and a rest would be appreciated. They should have sent someone else on this mission. But she can set that tiredness aside if it might help.
[Brefaisil]

Seth of Sangrosse has been out of contact with her, it's true. But given her running all around Brefaisil, that's to be expected... in all likelihood, he's exactly where she left him.

"Very well." Gryffaf nods. "Will you be needing any help getting back to the palace? These tunnels can be confusing without a map."

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
Scorching Depths
Charcoal giggles. "The instant you get me alone, huh? How do you like it?" She attempts to retaliate in kind, but she can't see any better than Vlad can. At least she has the advantage of knowing which direction she was grabbed from.

Considering the situation they just got out of, it's probably good to make light of things.
[Scorching Depths]

Vlad hastily releases Charcoal's... *ahem* and withdraws his hand to himself, wiping it on his shirt. "Oh, no, not like that at all, I wasn’t intending t-... you're [messing] with me, aren't you?" He clears his throat awkwardly. "...If you must know, I feel a bit misled. The experience was a bit overhyped. Not you, specifically, I mean!" He's quick to add. "Just, um, in general... not that I have a broad basis for comparison, I don't make a habit of... I could, obviously, I'm just not... normally doing things like that."

The engineer in him just died a little after witnessing that train wreck.