Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
Tatiana Maslany is 5’4” and on the skinny side. Green facepaint won’t change that.

If you want actual hulking, you need the CGI. Makeup and stilts would just look ridiculous, and wouldn’t give a fraction of the range of movement that mocap allows.
I think there might be a bit of a miscommunication, misunderstanding on what "CGI help" means?

There's a pretty broad spectrum between full practical and full CG. What they're using falls into the latter. The issue with a fully CGI character, poorly done, is that they don't seem to actually be in the scene. They're just kind of sloppily edited into it, like greenscreen.

You can choose to use CG to enhance what's already there instead of replacing, though. Or de-enhance, as I already mentioned with the Captain America scenes they did where he's a skinny nebling.

Use the CG to make her green and give here a bit of bulk, but film around the fact that she's short. Give her the Tom Cruise treatment, basically. Seems like it would have come off as more believable here, especially as I'm assuming (and hoping) this is not going to be an action-heavy series.