View Single Post

Thread: deleted

1. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Polymorphing into a human grants a bonus feat?

The human extra feat isn't a bonus feat in a rules sense, it's the extraordinary special quality to pick an extra feat.
    The distinction is important because Polymorph doesn't grant extraordinary special qualities so you don't get to pick an extra feat when polymorphing into a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymorph
    The subject gains the Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores of the new form but retains its own Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. It also gains all extraordinary special attacks possessed by the form but does not gain the extraordinary special qualities possessed by the new form or any supernatural or spell-like abilities.
    Seems pretty clear to me at least.

As for why people don't take the FAQ seriously it's because it frequently contradicts RAW or even itself. Like it does in this case.
    It's basically someone going "this is how i'd rule it", most of the time going by vague recollection without bothering to look up the actual RAW first.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhios View Post
    Frankly, and this is just my opinion, losing a racial bonus feat while merely polymorphed doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

But, alas, Dungeons and Dragons (arguably all editions) do not comprehend common sense, or even logic, so this is basically just shouting into the wind.
    If the bonus feat is dependant on your form instead of training it makes sense that'd you'd lose it if you change form.
    What doesn't make sense is that things like weapon proficiency count as racial abilities. They're clearly learned instead of inborn, no matter how "traditional" it is for the race to shoot bows or whatever.
    Last edited by sleepyphoenixx; 2022-05-20 at 05:05 AM.