Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
Or they noticed and didn't say anything, like Oona did when she spotted the paladins.

I still think Serini is a friend of the bugbear village. What the bugbears know about her is unknown at this point, but they are admirers of strength, and Serini is undoubtedly a very strong character. It would be smart on her part to have invited them to the pole years ago to serve as scouts and guards, and to have someone around to give aid if it is ever needed.

The only thing I have to back this up is her friendship with monsters and a hunch that Serini is too sociable to live next door and never visit her neighbors.

If this is the case, Oona isn't there to oppose Xykon, because that might endanger her village, but she is there to monitor Team Evil.
The bugbears also scratch out their existence hunting, tanning and assumedly eating her monster buddies. And she's very much a crotchety old knight in sour armor after her run in with Xykon, I could totally believe she became a hermit who only talks to aberrations.