View Single Post

Thread: deleted

1. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Polymorphing into a human grants a bonus feat?

Quote Originally Posted by wefoij123 View Post
    I think it makes as much sense as gaining and losing weapon proficiencies due to race. You mention "balance" but this has nothing to do with balance. It's mechanics.
    I mean, I'm equally of the opinion that elves wouldn't forget how to use a longsword when they polymorph, nor would a non-elf suddenly learn how to use a longsword due to polymorphing into one. The reason for this is simple, the elves' proficiency comes from a cultural training they have through their upbringing. This is something that makes no sense to gain or lose from polymorph. Just the same, the human's bonus feat comes from the fact that humans learn quickly. It makes no sense for something you learned to be randomly forgotten simply because you polymorphed. The whole point of polymorph is specifically that you don't affect the mind with the transformation.

As to why I mentioned balance, it's because someone else did, that it was a balancing factor because other races lost physical qualities like low-light vision and whatnot.

On a side note, can someone actually point to where it says the human bonus feat is an extraordinary special quality? Because I've never seen anything of the sort. Both the bonus feat and the bonus skill points are listed under human racial traits in the player's handbook, but are not mentioned anywhere to be Ex, and unlike the other races, humans have no monster manual entry that can clarify this.
    Last edited by Crake; 2022-05-21 at 10:18 AM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.