Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
[Dragonborn Hunting]

"I believe so, yes," Fenris says, squinting off into the distance. "I suspect he was summoned by our foe to provide another distraction once our ascent was over."

Just one more problem to deal with.

At the suggestion to regroup Fenris signs.

"I am afraid so. There is little else we can do at this point. My nose will be little help in tracking a flying foe and he will be able to easily out-pace us easily. However, I do find it fascinating that this plane is similar enough to Nirn that it was possible to summon Durnehviir at all,"
Fenris comments curiously. "But you're right. I believe that may be our best course of action. Unfortunately a Milestone will be of little use in that respect. I tried setting one there and found that the underlying fabric of reality was too... thin. For lack of a better word."

Which means the would have to take the long way ho-

There's a sound of a ringing bell behind them.

Should our heroes turn around they'll find themselves standing a good twenty feet from a Riftline station, the train just pulling up.

"Ah! I've seen this machine operating in and around Inside again. Linked carriages, of a sort. They use some form of magnetic principle to float above their tracks, it's quite fascinating."
[Dragonborn Hunting]

"I'm sure it is." Yuvan replies sourly, stepping onto the train. "However, for the moment, I'll be content to simply take the offered ride home and bide our time while we wait for the vampire to turn up again. I don't know about you, but when we return I intend to go straight to Trog's, rent a room for a month, and start working out any and all preparations I can."