Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
[CATastrophe]

They did it!

Yay!

Now everything will be fine!

But wait, oh no!

Mister Max is saying everything WON'T be fine!

"Yeah bird's aren't allowed in VIGIL," Lapis confirms to the subject of bird chasing. Was he not listening? Seriously how is it that only she and Anika seem to know about this rule? "Do you need me to go find the bird for you? I can do that I'm good at finding things since I'm a Seer."

Possibly the best one ever.

"And maybe Miss Awen can find the squirrel the not-animals like her more than they like me."

Like how the one fox made a whole bunch more foxes just from being near her.

There, see, easy solution!

"Don't worry Mister Max Awen and I can find the not-animals for you it'll be easy."
Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
[CATastrophe]

With Awen in there, she's glad that it's over and she closes her eyes and relaxes a little.

Speaking of.
It's not over.

"...Yeah, Lapis can fly, so she might be able to catch it." She turns towards Lapis without opening her eyes. "You should go now, and make sure you bring it here. And any others if there's more than just the one."

"...Actually, my fox probably was following us around," she adds. The witch moves farther and farther away from the door, and starts to lower the ones she's holding onto the ground. Starting with the ones held by her hair, actually, because man is her hair starting to get tired from that. "I could just have him bring it ---"

Awen cuts off, because she's too busy magically telling her fox what she needs to do.
And she gets frustrated at her fox, and breathes out, trying to stop letting her fox get to her.

meanwhile
Speaking of her fox!
It's...
It wasn't exactly following her, but it was kind-of following her.
Ended up outside, going into hiding and napping while they brought the cat into Eun's lab.
The fox yawns.
Stretches.
Considers catching the escaped cognimorphs and mercilessly teasing Awen for doing something so stupid.
Starts prowling, looking first for where the squirrel went.
[CATastrophe]

"...Right. Okay. We still have time. We can get this under control." The tech gives a shaky nod and gestures to Awen and Lapis. "All right. I'll, um, leave this in your capable hands, I guess. Both of you." He sighs. "I suppose it doesn't really matter too much which one of you goes after which 'morph, except for the whole flying thing. In the meantime, I'll just, um, make sure the others are secure." He reaches out and gently grabs hold of one of the foxes, guiding it toward one of the now-empty enclosures in the center of the room.

The fox does not like this. At all.

In a few moments, the lab tech finds himself on his rump, knocked over by the shenanigans of six rowdy vulpines and two equally-excitable beagles. None of them have actually made any efforts at harming him, of course, but the former have turned to panicked scurrying at the thought of being locked up, and the latter chase them around as the impromptu game escalates into what will likely be a very long night for Max.

Meanwhile, the OTHER fox is going to find that the squirrel it's looking for isn't very physically distinct from any other squirrel; it still smells, looks, and sounds like an ordinary arboreal rodent. Tracking it down may prove difficult, but with the right methodology, it's still possible.