[Geneva and Ambrosia in NERD TALK]

"I'll talk with the commanders about it, but I believe beginning with a remote meeting is a good idea. If they really want to extend a hand in friendship, if they're doing this in good faith, then I don't think we would be serving VIGIL or the Nexus by simply rebuffing them. They should be heard out at least," Geneva replies after a few moment's notice.

While she's speaking she's also giving sub-vocalized commands to her computer, drafting a message to Cessie and outlining the course of the conversation and what's being proposed.

Honestly, even if they could determine why the demons are so hostile and nothing else that could be valuable tactical information.

If you don't know what the objective of your foe is then you have no way of predicting what their next action might be.

Also?

She's finished downloading the backup data on the BOSS BIRD!

"Huh... some kind of surveillance device? These are odd readings..."

[Magpies, Dragons, Baubles]

It should become clear in a hurry that this dragon does not, in fact, appear to be a threat.

She takes a meandering path through the VIGIL grounds, allowing herself to be seen by various adventurers working and training around the compound. She gets a few variations on-
"Hello Lapis!"
"What have you got there, Lapis have you been getting into things?"
"Lapis the rose bushes are looking a little scraggly near the barracks could you check on them?"

To which she replies with muffled upbeat affirmative noises on account of having her mouth full of Mystery Trunk.

Eventually she comes to a large copse of oak trees at the end of a hedge wall near the edge of the island and pauses, glancing around briefly, to make sure she isn't being watched. Confident that she hasn't been followed to her secret lair, Lapis clambers into the midst of the trees. The copse seems scarcely large enough to fit the dragon, so it's likely she has a burrow in there. While the other adventurers around VIGIL didn't seem alarmed at her presence, it is a little odd that she seemed to be trying to avoid anyone noticing the location of her lair.