View Single Post

Thread: Vigil 8: Try jumping

1. - Top - End - #349
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Vigil 8: Try jumping

[Geneva and Ambrosia in NERD TALK]

"I'm of the same opinion, but Wenomir was highly skeptical of any kind of communication so hopefully he won't oppose this at least." A pause as she considers if that was everything she had wanted to discuss in regards to the 'demons'.

"I do think their technology could be useful for something else than simply murdering people but other VIGIL members seems to treat it as if it was carrying a disease. While I understand their skepticism towards the demons themselves what they've created is simply just tools and tools usually serve those who work them." She turns a new page in her tome, an empty one.

"But speaking of the use of tools, I'm curious, do you use a human body simply to be able to use their tools or is there another reason?" She inquires with a gesture at the tablet Geneva was using.

[Moonwell]

Eventually there's a brilliant white glow raising from the bottom of the well all around Ava and then-

Nothing.

Ava certainly didn't feel anything yet nothing has changed about her either.

Shanti opens her eyes and gets up, looking annoyed. "I though you said she was becoming a demon, Anika?"

"Uh... yeah?" She gestures at Ava. "That's pretty obvious."

Shanti rubs the bridge of her nose tiredly as she turns to her sister. "You've been in the nexus for a while. You should know better than that." Now she gestures at Ava. "She's becoming a fey. Since believe it or not, there's more beings than demons which have horns and hooves. You've seen plenty of fey yourself so you should know this."

Anika blinks. "...huh? But... the eyes..."

"Yes, black eyes. Still, not a demon." Now Shanti turns to Ava. "I'm afraid we have to interrupt this ritual for the time being. Don't worry though, I just need to prepare another ritual and I will undo what's been done to you. Until then be reassured, you're not turning into a demon and I apologize for my sister making you think otherwise." She glances at Anika. "She can be daft at times but... she means well." You can really hear all the energy going out of her voice as she speaks though.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-05-23 at 11:45 AM.