Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
I've answered "why did they make the change/why are they moving away from old drow" multiple times at this point. I'm not sure how many other ways I can explain it.
We're going around in circles because you're using arguments that defeat your reasons for the change to refute my claims about the change.

"This change is bad, because it denies players the ability to play drow who are actually drow."
"You can always have your DM let you add Sunlight Sensitivity to them. It's not a big deal."
"You could also have had your DM remove Sunlight Sensitivity from them, before."
"That is unreasonable! Asking your DM to make changes is not a guaranteed thing! They had to make this change!"

This isn't about "moving away from the old drow;" they are keeping sunlight sensitivity on the NPC entries.

Frankly, I'm not sure why drow are even being kept at all, at this rate, though. What makes a drow different from a high elf that it's important to keep drow as a distinct subrace? It's mostly a cultural thing, and all the culture is being stripped away.