View Single Post

Thread: deleted

1. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Polymorphing into a human grants a bonus feat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
    You are not the sole fan of the Primary Source Rule (PSR). It's just that somehow you ended up with an interpretation of the rules that can cause "gray areas" with dysfunctions (just my humble opinion, no offense here).
    I understand that. It just works in usable manner in this scenario. As I mentioned, I really just think racial traits should have been classified individually. It's just extremely silly to lose something "trained" just because you are racially different. An example is that baby elves come pre-loaded with combat training with multiple different weapon types. Logically and by lore it shouldn't be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhios View Post
    This is bordering semantics.

Maybe I didn't say it clearly enough, or maybe there's a minor deficiency in knowing how to read between the lines, but Designer(s) and/or Developer(s), whether they were just one or many, still know better than we players do. Therefore, they are (or should be) the higher authority when the rules or FAQ are silent.
    I just don't see much need in the use of the FAQ. The rules text is generally straightforward in creating a coherent experience that works quite well. The hideous blow interaction just seemed so common sense that I never even knew people were actually having players provoke AoOs to use the ability until I started looking at things online a few years ago.

Anyways, it's just a difference in perspective and likely a more isolated experience that lead to my perspective.
    Last edited by Darg; 2022-05-25 at 11:06 PM.