I was hoping to become less confused, but I haven't. I wolfread Jeen's post about bladescape's explanation but I like their BCH vote, I was planning to do that myself if they hadn't got there first.

My gut says bladescape is town. I don't trust my gut.

Batcathat... I thought reading their Xumtiil ISO would be a lot more helpful than it was. Granted I only skimmed it, so I'll be digging into it in detail shortly. They're hedging on basically everything but I don't think that's a valid reason to wolfread them specifically.

Xihirli asking for a definite claim is pretty out of character. I don't know what that means for her. Maybe the thinnest of wolfleans in town!bladescape worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

My comments are in italics.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
One thing I like about these slower games is that I don't have to go through 100+ posts to ISO someone.
True but NAI.

Spoiler: ISO on Xumtiil
Show

As has already been pointed out, suggesting a Snow wagon but not voting for it is a little odd, especially when there are no other wagons to speak of. The vote count could be a way to seem solvy, but doesn't have to be (especially since there are no Xum town games to compare with).

Meh, "odd" instead of "suspicious" is non-committal. Understandable in these circumstances, I guess.

Jumping onto the suggested wagon after it has gotten some traction isn't a great look, but not necessarily wolfy.

Hedge. I kind of dislike this particular example more than others because it's... not even saying that there are arguments both ways, it's just saying "this is X except not necessarily"

Hoping someone would join a Taff vote that's explicitly made for meta reasons rather than Taff being a wolf seems weird coming from town. I also get a kind of over-explainy vibe from this post, but I can't really put my finger on it, so probably nothing.

I'm just going to spend this entire thing pointing out how hedgy it is, and I don't even think that's really wolfy from BCH.

RPing is probably NAI. I could see a wolf doing it to blend in, since other people are doing it, but just doing it for fun (whether as a townie or a wolf) is probably a lot more likely.
Agreed.

Switching after Snow's claim makes sense for a townie. Picking Elenna without any motivation seems pretty odd, but then so does all the votes for Elenna except Snow's self-preservation one, so possibly not wolfy odd.

Oh, look, more hedging.

This reads like Xum is almost claiming not to be a Vanillager himself, which is... probably NAI, I guess? A wolf might like hinting at a useful power without actually claiming, but a townie might not want to out having a power role.
Part of me is screaming "don't point this out!" but is pointing it out actually wolfy? Wolves would maybe speculate about this in wolfchat. If a wolfchat exists. So I can't reach a definite conclusion.

This could be a point against Xum and blade being wolfbuddies, but it could just as well be distancing, since it's not particularly damning.

Hedge.

This is definitely points against them being wolfbuddies. Not sure if it makes Xum look better or worse, since so much depends on blade's alignment.
I mean, "if bladescape is a wolf then Xumtiil is less likely to be" reduces the probability of Xumtiil being a wolf and so makes Xumtiil look better by definition. Though I get how that might just be a me thing and your thought processes could be different.

Also, don't we already know it's a bastard game?
Yes, but we don't know in what way it's bastard.

Sadly no smoking guns or whatever the innocence version of smoking guns are. Though while I still don't trust Xum, his vote on blade makes it unlikely that they're wolfbuddies, I think (my logic is mainly that it seems risky for a distancing move, but early to bus. Feel free to poke holes in it), so I'll probably hold off on voting either of them before ISOing blade and figuring out who I trust less.
Okay, unpairing Xumtiil/blade is at least a definite conclusion.
I do agree with it but for different reasons. Looking forward to your bladescape ISO, I guess.

Did you ever explain this? If not, could you?
If I squint I can give this a mild townlean.
Well. I now get to play "is ridiculous degree of hedgyness actually wolfy for BCH?" I think I need to reread some of their ISOs from previous games to compare. Not now, though, this has taken too long already.