View Single Post

Thread: Vigil 8: Try jumping

1. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Vigil 8: Try jumping

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Moonwell]

Ilpholin frowns. So... high value targets only. Until a way to synthetically reproduce the ingredients has been discovered. She'll have to take some back to Tauron and Mister Squiggles to study. "Then I suppose we save it for only those truly deserving." As hilarious as she'd find just knocking Sargon over the head, force a purification on him and turn him against his own people. She honestly doubts he would fit in the well though.

Ava smiles back at Anika, holding on with one hand. "Of course. Thanks. I owe you everything. Anything. I... wow. That VIGIL would rescue me from the demons, it... it has really been an honor. I might- I think maybe I'll join one day. Just... after my aunt says it's ok. I really should get back to her and let her know I'm all right. Or... should I hide out somewhere for a few days in case that demon is trying to find me?"

What does currently hero-worshipped Anika think Ava should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Nerd Talk]

"So far only basics," Geneva says as she stows away her equipment and begins heading for the elevator back to the island's surface. "Cloud walking and enchanted cloud assembly, thus far. The former being the most basic prerequisite for the latter. If you don't know how to interact with aerosolized water it's pretty hard to make use of any of the more advanced magic!"

Makes sense.

"Equestrian weather magic is very hooves-on. Direct interaction is largely required for it to function properly. There are a few tricks for more indirect interactions but those are much more advanced. I imagine you would like to see a few examples?"

As Geneva nears the elevator she does a very interesting thing. She kind of... goes out of focus? In the form of rough colored squares as though she were being viewed through a filter of some kind. Then they squares change color and rearrange and when she comes back into resolution there's the hippogriff standing there. As she said, she's quite large.

"Ugh. These elevators are so tiny," she complains as she turns around and backs up into the elevator, sitting down on her haunches once she's inside. The hippogriff takes up most of the interior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullara View Post
    [Dragon Storm - An Aside]

Utayo hesitates. She tends to avoid fielding questions about herself. It makes things a touch inconvenient. "No, I hadn't mentioned. My people are the soratami."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"I'm a Charr." Since Utayo mentioned her own people and they all know Ambrosia is a dragon, might as well introduce her kind. "Which... well, we're what you can see. Big, horns, four ears, tails."
    [Moonwell]

"There's probably other ways to save people from demon-hood than our way considering this is the nexus." Shanti points out. "So I wouldn't be too concerned about that."

"Uhh... well, I figured that you should hide out in VIGIL actually. Since there will be people looking for you, not to mention that goat-demon. I mean, sis did say that its presence might linger in your head, right? So it might still be able to track you down. That would put your aunt in danger too which would be awful." Anika grin is looking increasingly awkward at this point and starts to tap her index fingers together while looking away. "I won't even be able to protect you as I will probably be serving time or whatever punishment I get for assaulting those officers. So while we, ah, clear that out you'll be safest here." A beat. "I'll totally tell your aunt where you are first though so she won't have to worry."

They were all sharing their origin now? Very well. "Well, if you can't tell, this body is human despite the mutations I've caused to it. But I take it you're both already familiar with them." Humans were spread across time and space apparently, not to mention humanoids as a whole. Just the name suggested a certain human-centrism.

Ambrosia looks to Utoya. "But would you mind tell me more about your people? I've never heard of a people capable of flight without wings before."

[Nerd Talk]

As soon as Ambrosia sees Geneva's true form she knew that she simply had to make a sketch of it at some point. Not before asking of permission of course though.

"...ah, yes. Of course." A beat. "Though I could have waited until after we had taken the elevator." She remarks with a smile as she follows her into the elevator. "I thankfully don't have the same issue even as a dragon since I can shrink and enlarge my form to some degree. What you saw there was far from the largest I've been though it takes a lot my energy to maintain. Not to mention that gravity starts getting screwy once you reach a certain size."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-05-28 at 12:34 PM.