Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
Spoiler: Just In Case Your Players Peek In
Show
Maybe it's been trying to summon its worshippers, but they've been reading the messages wrong, and it wants the party to act as intermediaries?
It's looking forward to its ascension, but it worries that without a proper grounding and base of worship, it won't go right. So it summoned the party to take its message directly to the feyblins.

Or, if you're looking for more questing potential (not that diplomacy is bad, mind you) there's a rival spirit that's vying to stop the dragon. Perhaps a spirit of an eternal storm? Something opposed to the earth. And it needs help to fend it off while it dies and ascends.
Spoiler: I don't think any of my players are on GitP, but...
Show

I'm not sure it really cares about ascending. I'm not even sure it knows about its worshipers. It hasn't left its valley in centuries and has spent most of the millennia asleep. I do know it only woke up recently (~40 years, with another jolt in the last few months) due to some primal disruptions--a demonic corruption ritual nearby that made all the primal spirits really pissed and the return of a primal vengeance/anti-civilization spirit from a time bubble. The latter was defeated by the current party about a month ago.

But those are ideas I might go with.

I think I do want it to be something that can (if followed) spark an ongoing arc at least--they're kinda really between things. So I'm looking for significant "plot" hooks to take them somewhere (even if it's relatively close) and get involved somewhere.

So far they've done two major arcs--one against that vengeance spirit and one with more site-based treasure hunting.

They do have a "fossilized" dragon egg that I think they've forgotten about--those aren't necessarily dead, just...dormant until exposed to a proper concentration of elemental energy. That might be something to work from...