View Single Post

Thread: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

1. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    I would at the very least ask the prince for permission before doing this. I would expect resurrecting Dungeon creatures with their free will intact inside Solum to be wildly illegal.

Also, uh, any chance the naga has slowly been turning one of us after the other with its Charming Gaze? That's a far too dangerous ability to put into a densely populated city if you ask me.
    I think your team has a Protection against Enemy aura coming from someone which would stop the Charming Gaze, and since the zombie has her pinned, it can just keep her face down against the floor so she can't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Back from my trip. I'd rather not let anyone, especially the prince in on this since at the moment we know we shouldn't be trusting him with ****. Another consideration to follow up with, is that it might be likely we're not the only ones who have thought of this exploit nor the only ones that are using it. All you need is a friend capable of raising or being lucky enough to buy a scroll or know someone that will sell you one. Aegis, how many people in the city are at about our level?
    Not a ton, but enough. You're quite elite among Delvers now and would qualify for the Royal Guard should someone elect to retire a character. Do keep in mind, other NPCs of your level probably aren't going to be nearly as powerful as you due to all of the extra resources (they'd still follow NPC WBL for example).

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Aegis, do we have any insight on the laws on this? Since I regularly bring bodies from the Dungeon in it might well have come up what is and isn't appropriate use of them. I genuinely expect we'd have a date with the headsman if we resurrect the naga and it causes havok, guys.
    Generally, full on resurrecting a Dungeon Denizen would be illegal, though there are permits for animating them in Solum as undead or in some other enthralled fashion. You may be able to get special permission through Atticus. If Puhrjan did get loose and start causing havoc and her appearance was tied to you, then you're spot on: your characters would likely be executed for the treasonous action of aiding the enemy to attack Solum.

Bringing back Puhrjan in town with her own will is potentially a huge risk, especially if it's a clandestine plan. The mob she could potentially gather with her Charming Gaze could cause a lot of problems if she was left to roam free, so you'd need to figure out a way to ensure she couldn't run amok if you decided to raise her without special permission.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-31 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.