[Putting a lid guillotine on Pandora's box.]

Eshaal gives a nod to Magtok. The cyborg clearly had the right idea in terms of speed and effective closing. "Hold until we see the tops of their heads, pin 'em to the floor, and book it. We'll leave the rest up to you flyers." Esha's vision trains down below, where.... sounds are starting to approach. Big sounds, the ripping of metal under hardened candy talon. Of course, there was the matter of the ooze. That should slow the pair down somewhat, right?

SMPLORT!

Wrong. There is a thump and a rumble, somewhat like a pressure wave, and roughly half of the clearish ooze flies into the bottom of the stair shaft, cleaving on the back wall and spattering ever which direction before several chunks begin to crystalize into a candy gel that looks suspiciously like prickly pear candy. This is followed rapidly by a roar that rattles and vibrates the group to the bone. "Steady..." It's a low, calm voice from the gobbo candykin, the girl's finger resting heavy on the trigger of the railgun.

Slowly, each footstep approaches, with finally one, than two noses poking into the shaft. "I hope that door is ready..." comes the low mutter from the gal, tensing and waiting for just the right chance.... Finally, the pair of candy creature features take steps forward, sticking fully into the stairway, eyes looking this way and that. "Present for ya!" Comes the soft call, Esha starting to dump railgun rounds down the stair shaft until the creatures are staggered. "Go first, if I get clipped by the door coming down it's not a big deal for me!"