Quote Originally Posted by Yukito01 View Post
I see... So that's what 4e Essentials means. I thought it was some sort of starter set or something. Why would they change it so much? Was the game that unbalanced? I remember enjoying playing it, though I never made it to past level 10.

I've always thought that for all the focus they gave it, power source (arcane, divine, primal, martial, etc) had no impact whatsoever. I always wanted for some official support or homebrew that gave each power source their own traits; guess it turned out into a monkey paw situation.

Anyways, that sucks for what I want! Guess I'll have to make the pregens on my own then.

Thanks for the help!
Well, in a way, it was a starter set for what was effectively 4.5E, since Essentials had a lot of changes from the basic formula, although not necessarily for the better. I personally don't have a lot of confidence in any vaguely-official pregens, so you're probably better up cooking them up yourself. Incidentally, do you have the Character Builder set up? Although, I think the files from this page are more up-to-date. This 4e discord server, I've found, has been immensely helpful in answering any questions about anything at all 4e-related.