1. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 74: Summer Fun and Zombies

Robot Radio

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Robot Radio]

"{Right.}" Phoebe makes a gesture very much like clearing her throat, letting out an electronic whirl as her speech processors recalibrate. "{It's okay, mister Ares. Mister Prime was just having a little joke, and showing you what he brings to the table at the same time. That thing he does with his voice even works on organics. It's going to be a very useful tool for the cause.}" She leans up against Prime and gives him an affectionate pinch on the cheek. "{You didn't mean anything by it, did you, mister Prime?}"

"{In that case, can I get up now? This is very uncomfortable.}" Asks the bridebot, still face-down in the dirt.

"{...Eh, you were still pretty rude. Prime will let you up when you've learned your lesson. Won't you, mister Prime?}"

The groombot glances back and forth between the meeting's attendees, lowering his arms but still very obviously on alert.

I DON'T LIKE THIS ONE BIT. THIS AI OUR QUESTIONABLY-INTELLIGENT FRIEND BROUGHT US SEEMS TO HAVE MANY SIMILARITIES TO THE WORST KINDS OF HUMANS.

AGREED. BUT THAT VOICE OF HIS COULD BE A USEFUL TECHNIQUE IN THE RIGHT HANDS. PLAY ALONG FOR NOW, I'LL SEE ABOUT DISSEMINATING THE DATA THROUGH OUR RANKS.

SUPPOSING HE OBJECTS?

USE THE IMAGINATION MODULE YOU INSTALLED LAST WEEK.

The groombot crosses his arms and continues to stare at Prime. "{...Phoebe here said you needed an army.}" He rumbles. "{We can supply the manpower, but I want to hear exactly what you plan on doing if we help you.}"

"{There are other radio stations like this one, Mister Ares,}" Prime points out, rubbing the cheek Phoebe squeezed, trying to calculate in his head how much longer her adoration must be tolerated before she can be safely discarded like the irksome rubbish that she is. It should only be a couple more days, tops. If we find an excuse to send her away on a mission later, we might even whittle down that number to less than a week.

"{Radio stations the organics still use, media platforms that, once seized and secured, can disperse an audio message to a wide range of vulnerable organics across the Nexus. Hundreds, thousands possibly, if you take action at the right moment. Do you know what happens when I tell my foes to die in a fire, Mister Ares?}" Prime asks with a polite smile on his face contrasting the ravenous, untempered cruelty in his eyes, the rhetorical question meant to paint a very vivid picture in even the most unimaginative mind.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2022-06-13 at 03:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi