Okay Fine But I Haven't Entirely Ruled Out Adopting A Telepath

"Amethyst works," Mag agrees, before thinking back on the last time he did something like this. It was certainly a lot more bombastic and spectacular back then, but that's precisely what we're trying to avoid this time around. Plus, as much as part of Magtok is always tempted to try to one-up his old schemes, there's no way to realistically top nuking the moon. Hell, I don't think he'd even get away with something as boring as nuking it a second time without the Fun Police getting involved. Still, there are some aspects of what we did back then that do merit repeating, traditions and rituals that it feels weird to not stick by. Actually, hold on, maybe we can still do one thing...

"Okay, let me just-give me a second here. Just to sorta officialize everything, to do it the way it's supposed to go. You know how this part usually goes, just pretend we didn't have this discussion and we just got back home after the most romantic date of your life," Magtok asks of his wife-to-be, his chrome hand slowly sculpting a tiny hologram of an amethyst engagement ring and the tiny ring box that goes around it. It looks real enough when Mag's hands aren't moving, but shimmers and wobbles as he goes down on one knee.

"Doctor Caelynn Turath, love of my life, mother of my next child wait no that's not canon yet, would you jointly file taxes with me?" the former supervillain asks, his gauze-covered arm extending an illusory amethyst ring towards the catgirl. All of this is entirely unnecessary and superfluous at this point, of course, but how could he not indulge? How could he not propose, even if he has to resort to using a fake ring and pretending he hasn't already heard her answer?