So I recently binge-watched this show. I never saw the original She-Ra, and I don't plan to, but this show was quite good. I really enjoyed the characters. The only irredeemably evil, completely unsympathetic character in the show was Horde Prime; all the rest felt real and understandable, even Hordak (though his actions were still inexcusable). I genuinely felt sorry for multiple characters throughout the show, and they were complex enough that I felt invested in them.

I'm not part of the LGBT+ community, but I could definitely appreciate how LGBT+ friendly the show was. It did a good job of making it feel normal without feeling either that it was trying to preach at the -phobes or just shoehorn it in. (Great examples: Bow's dads and the two princesses that were married.) That said, I did feel like

Spoiler: Specific character relationship
Show
Adora and Catra being romantically involved at the end was completely unnecessary. Love doesn't have to be romantic, and until the last season, there weren't really any obvious indications that either of them was in love with the other, just that they loved one another. Besides, having Catra together with Adora leaves poor Scorpia out in the cold, and there were plenty of indications that Scorpia had feelings for Catra.

Entrapta was probably my favorite character in the show; we need more positive portrayals of neurodivergent people that aren't caricatures.

All in all, I think this is a great show, and I recommend it. What about you all?