Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
I suspect that if the Snarl breaks out they pick up their things and race to their hidey hole to wait it out - don't pass go, don't wipe the minds of the outsiders, don't destroy any castles.

Then when they create the new world they wipe the outsiders minds (panel 3), but they wipe them for a reason and that reason is to stop them going nuts it might not apply to non-outsiders - whether they bother with cleanup left over by the snarl who can say, Durkon has the same info we do and his mind was put at ease by Hilgya planning to escape.

If the gods destroy the world then Hel gets what she wants and becomes queen of the north - she might decide to demonstrate her power by pissing off the good gods and keeping Xykon around (or she might think having a powerful undead creature who began before the 'dawn of time' wandering around sets the scene for her new world) - any other deity might feel something similiar.

I suspect the gods would have no issue with him getting wiped out but I suspect they wouldn't want to risk that they were wrong and get into a fight over it - and that is assuming he doesn't level up in the meantime to actually be a threat.

Thor probably doesn't want to empower the lower planes - leaving Xykon alone might be a net good, centuries/millenniain isolation might change his prespective on things, such as with this guy.
Everything you say is possible but also IMO exceedingly unlikely to the point that I don't even think it's worth seriously discussing.