View Single Post

Thread: Postsmate's Bottom Friendly Menu

1. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Postsmate's Bottom Friendly Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What Rynjin said, but also - usually a discussion topic has a bit more discussion fodder than "look at this! Ew, amirite? Discuss."
    That's not what I said, it's a very simplified {scrubbed}representation of what I said, a{scrubbed}. Also, it's just not correct. This forum is filled with people plainly starting threads saying "I just watched X movie/show/whatever and I liked/disliked it! Here's the reasons why..." It's literally the same thing I did here. {Scrubbed}

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin
    The issue is there's not a ton of discussion to be had. "Relations" aren't a board friendly topic, and I figured out where the line was as far as explicit language in my first year here; it's not a discussion that can be had in detail if you know what I'm saying.

And anything else on the topic starts butting up against other taboo topics like religion and politics, which will get the thread locked anyway.

The advice of "discuss this topic somewhere else" is sound.
    I don't think anyone here is wanting to speak in great detail about the "relations" being mentioned in the commercial, more about the appropriateness of such a commercial existing in the first place. It struck me as incredibly odd just how tone deaf a company must be to be actively talking about "messy" bum relations while trying to sell people food. Seemed unappetizing to me.

I'm not sure what this commercial or it's appropriateness has to do with religion or politics. Can someone not like or dislike this video without underlying religious or political ideals? I'm not religious at all, and my politics don't involve this type of thing one way or the other.

I disagree that this needs to be discussed somewhere else. It seems to have been discussed just fine so far. We even had a moderator chime in... without locking the thread or disciplining anyone so I don't feel the fear of forum violations is sound. There have been none. I could say the same fears could be present in reviewing just about any type of media, it's all dependent on your political or religious leanings. Some people consider Pokemon to be Satanic, for example, but should that mean we can't talk about Pokemon here?
    Last edited by Pirate ninja; 2022-06-22 at 10:42 PM.