View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1260 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1260 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the White View Post
    Yes, the good care about that sort of thing. I'll bet the evil doesnt. They'll go ahead and take a edge case and take the power and frankly be a bit gleeful that they got away with something.
    I see this as more of a law versus chaos thing.

Lawful cares that people are in their proper places and about any agreements they made. They (like good) probably also care about not polluting their planes with the wrong sort.
    Evil people don't get to go to an evil paradise.
    Jirix seemed pretty happy with his evil afterlife.

TDO one seems to be type to be willing to use good means to his ends when practical, and also able to understand enlightened self interest in many cases.
    There was a world where the worst sin was to leave your enemies remains on the theatre seats.
    Now I'm imaging Antigone with sapient move theater snacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    the nature of the evaluation: alignment evaluation is an objective measurement.
    #490 seems to make it pretty clear that:
    1. The deva is trying to conduct an objective measurement
    2. The deva is merely trying to conduct an objective measurement.

She indicates that she personally is making a real choice about Roy's destination (as opposed to an invalid choice that would make her "superiors blink").

She also says "That's what's important. To us, anyway." Which clearly indicates this is some kind of opinion.
    Last edited by Quizatzhaderac; 2022-06-24 at 02:13 PM.
    The thing is the Azurites don't use a single color; they use a single hue. The use light blue, dark blue, black, white, glossy blue, off-white with a bluish tint. They sky's the limit, as long as it's blue.