View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

Aiden's Workshop
    "Oh, I didn't exactly mean... Eh, now is as good a time as any, I suppose." Once Aiden had prepared his equipment Misha led the way out of the Stormdrain's district and tot eh same harborside district where Aiden had helped to resolve the rat problem. However, she led him to a completely different area, one not covered in warehouses but in a warren of weathered hovels and houses not all that different from the Stormdrains district. She easily found her way to the warren, eventually stopping at a small hut right at the water's edge. A stone quay led down to a thin strip of gravelly beach, and Aiden could see a small sailing boat laying on it, only about 5 meters in length.

"Oi, Markel, Cliff!" Misha knocks loudly on the door of the house while calling out, and several moments later a malnourished-looking older boy, in his late teens maybe, appears in the doorway.

"Oh, hey Misha." The boy replies softly while shooting a worried look at Aiden. "Cliff's out on the town, seeing if he can earn some money, so it's just me. Uhm, what can I help you with?"

"Hey, remember that craftsman I was doing some jobs for." Misha points over her shoulder at Aiden. "He said he was willing to take a look at that boat for you, for free of course."

"Oh!" the boy's eyes light up. "Thanks for taking the time to help us, mister!" He addresses Aiden, then quickly scampers past him. "This way, please!" He descends down a ladder cut into the side of the stone quay to the gravel beach and leads the way to the boat. The boat itself isn't in great shape. The wood looks like the boat must have washed up somewhere a while back before spending at least two summers baking in the sun without any sort of maintenance. The wood ahs warped in a couple of places, likely causing leaks. However, the small mast laying in the boat and the sail and ropes attached to it appear to be mostly in good order, though its size suggest it might have been taken from a different, slightly smaller boat.

"So, uh, how bad is it?" the boy asks Aiden, worry returning to his face.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2022-07-06 at 03:49 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays