Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
Honestly? Because I am sick of doing that.
Every single game I bend over backwards begging and pleading to get the players to make compatible characters, and end up re-rolling multiple times trying to please them.
The last three games I played in I made a character specifically to please the rest of the group, and I was, respectively:
A: Threatened to have my character killed and robbed by the rest of the party.
B: Threatened with a real life beating.
C: Made fun of to this day for being overly brutal in interrogation when the Pookha who was unable to tell the truth decided it would be a good idea for my were-alligator to be the party face.

I am just really tired of making characters to please everyone else, never getting to play what I want to play, and still ending up on being bullied and crapped on. I am really tired of being everyone else's mom.
Bad RPG play is not better than no RPG play.
Edit: You know, in writing this, I realized I had a lot more pent up hostility than I thought. I think I am really sick of thirty years of dysfunctional groups and horror stories and just want to relax and play a normal game for once.
As I suggested months ago in another of your threads: make new friends may be your better solution.

Good luck, maybe it won't turn out to be a train wreck.