This is to be a backup character for a game that's currently at 9th level.

For anyone unfamiliar, a Halcyon Druid doesn't gain Wild Shape, an Animal Companion, or the ability to spontaneously convert prepared spells to Summon Nature's Ally spells. What it does get is access to a limited number of Wizard spells.

More specifically, at 4th level, and every level thereafter, a Halcyon Druid picks 2 spells from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list, and adds them to their Druid spell list. The spells chosen must always be at least one level lower than the highest level of spell the Druid can cast.

So, at 9th level, I can have up to two 1st-level spells, four 2nd-level spells, four 3rd-level spells, and two 4th-level spells. Things I'm considering include:
  1. Charm Person, Ear-Piercing Scream, Feather Fall, Grease, Vanish
  2. Darkvision, Defending Bone, Glitterdust, Hideous Laughter, Mirror Image, Web
  3. Ablative Sphere, Battering Blast, Eldritch Fever, Haste, Invisibility Sphere, Shrink Item, Slow, Suggestion
  4. Arcane Eye, Dimensional Anchor, Dimension Door, Enervation, Resilient Sphere

I'm open to suggestions related to spell selection, as well as suggestions related to all other aspects of character creation.