View Single Post

Thread: Freefall 3: Death Ray Byproducts

1. - Top - End - #855
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Freefall 3: Death Ray Byproducts

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Which one?
    This one. Named "Accounting". On the next strip, after some prompting, it gives Florence a nonzero (albeit unaffordable, and therefore I assume accurate) price for the new reactor. Doesn't look mobile, but has access to long range communications, at least.

His plan that he's kicking off ends with things in the black, so... seeing as he's not Kornada-level, he may have some justification in his belief.
    Yes, but that assumes he doesn't have to pay the robots as much as he would have to pay human workers. Robot salary is currently maintenance costs only, right? It might even be paid by EU and not come from his budget.
    But I'm more thinking that Accounting may do a cost benefit analysis of running the station "properly" i.e. in a way that doesn't risk endangering humans, and find that De Morel has been losing the station money unnecessarily.

No, we get to see what happens with a bunch of robots with a lot of tools come to a breaking-down station that's putting humans at risk...
    This is true, but that's a chronic situation; the immediate event is a reactor shutdown and start-up while the other is out for maintenance (although that might just be to explain why the emergency reactors aren't being started up). Which is not routine, and I'm thinking it might go differently when you add robots shouting "emergency!" into the mix.
    Last edited by theangelJean; 2022-06-30 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Add link
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.