View Single Post

Thread: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

1. - Top - End - #1063
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

Foxes on the Run

Anastasia looks around the office as they enter with a sense of mild curiosity. She'd never seen so many paintings before, especially not ones that are so clearly actually painted for the person they're owned by. Usually they're just pretty illustrations of sunsets or fields of flowers. As odd as it is to see so many portraits of the person who owns the room in question though, that's not nearly as interesting as the cool crab tank. Maybe they're reminders of home?

"I'd never realized we were so rare until I started talking to Jaahlyn about all of this," Anastasia comments. "It's weird, like - I don't think I ever met another kitsune until I met Kitty, but I'd never really thought about it. I guess it's just because there's so many different kinds of people in the Nexus, so maybe like, being unique doesn't feel very different?" She shrugs.

"But um, yeah, speaking of being unique... well, ever since Kitty adopted me, we've realized that... uh, I might not be exactly like other kitsune." She rubs one of her arms self-consciously. "I'm a psychopomp, for instance, while Kitty isn't, and - um, I've been experiencing, like, a certain appetite that she's never had to deal with herself, even being a fair bit older than me."

Ana's not quite as circumspect as her mother here. Zhareen's friendliness, vague willingness to provide discretion and Jaahlynn's seeming comfortability with her make her a bit less wary to spill too many beans. A teen like her also isn't quite as good at tact as Kitty might be.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-07-07 at 11:39 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!