Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
Also, who the heck is authorizing Damage Control? Who thought it was a good idea to blow up a building to stop a moderately dangerous martial artist? (I really doubt they know anything more about the guy.)
Spoiler
Show
Okay, having gotten around to watching the episode, I don't think that's exactly what happened. My take was that Kamren's sudden blasting of the drone caused it to malfunction (or perhaps trigger an automated defense measure) and fire the rocket by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
Spoiler: Love & Wobbles
Show
Sadly, the CGI at the end of this episode was badly wanting, especially when Kamran’s mother and the other Clandestine were fried by the dimensional rift. The CGI should’ve stopped with the carbonization; adding the skeletons just looked cheesy.

It was also downright confusing. Why was the rift forming then? Why was it suddenly inimical to the Clandestines? Why, after decades of hunting for a way home, didn’t they foresee this danger?
Spoiler
Show
Yeah, the CGI was a little wonky. But I think the main reason they showed the skeletons is they wanted to telegraph to the audience that these people were definitely dead, not teleported or transformed into energy or whatever. Otherwise, it might have been confusing, leaving the audience to wonder if they made it or not.

As for why the rift was so dangerous, they did touch on that in an earlier episode. Bruno ran the numbers and deduced that crossing the threshold would be incredibly dangerous, and that is what convinced Kamala to not go through with it, which in turn was why the Clandestines turned on her.