Thread: Ms. Marvel

1. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don’t entirely disagree. But in terms of the narrative, the Clandestines are right at the power level they need to be. They have to balance a fine line between being credible threats on the one hand, and on the other being a group that an untrained teenager with rudimentary powers could believably defeat.

How well that’s executed is another question, and they could certainly have used a bit more pizazz. But overall I’d say they’re right where they need to be. Kamala isn’t (yet) at Carole Danvers levels of power, so she’s not quite ready to go plowing through giant starships hovering over upstate New York.
    I understand the desired power level, but
    Spoiler
    Show
    they're basically mooks and all of them except Najma have 0 development, which leaves them as...mooks, which might be fine, except their escape from the Damage Control folks also undercuts Damage Control as well, which just continues the standard MCU practice, which annoys me to no end, of government agencies ONLY really being a threat to heroes and not villains.

But the other thing is, I hate it when the MCU creates another old (at least a century old) group that's never been mentioned before and then basically destroys them in the same show. It just feels...wasteful? Why create something new, only to toss it out literally two episodes after you introduced it?

When combined with spending half of episode 5 showing us a story we already saw, with one minor alteration which you could see coming around the corner, it felt like a waste of badly needed time.
    Last edited by ecarden; 2022-07-10 at 12:48 PM.