View Single Post

Thread: Ms. Marvel

1. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ms. Marvel

Well, that was an entertaining mess.

Spoiler: Finale
    Show
    This was fun, but gyrating all over the place. The entire school situation was ridiculous, and it felt pitched for a much younger audience. It felt as if they wrote themselves into a corner about five different times, and then just splashed away with whatever came to mind. By the time we got to Kamala enclosing Kamran in a shell of energy, the dialogue was just painfully cliché.

Kamala’s family sure adapted quickly to the whole idea, which in its own way was even less realistic than softballs and fire extinguishers slowing down federal agents. I find it hard to believe that everyone was so overwhelmed with Our Little SuperheroTM that they didn’t stop to wonder about potential dangers to themselves, which would be very human of them. Presumably they’ve heard about the giant alien spaceship that launched a missile barrage at the home of some other superheroes, or the nutbar before that who sent helicopter gunships to destroy another hero’s home, or the would-be alien conqueror who set up shop in the superheroes’ first tower just across the water. Heroes are trouble magnets, and Kamala's family should be thinking about that.

So it was fun, sort of, but quite a few steps down from the show’s early baseline. With only a vestigial and oddly harmonious family element, the superheroics just didn’t hold up. Once again, Disney can’t stick the landing—and this particular landing reminds me of Mando’s arrival on the water planet.

Also, where did Kamala’s mother buy that costume?

And I hope it has an insulated seat, because street lamps get hot.

Spoiler: End-Credits Cameo
    Show
    We got our Brie Larsen cameo, but weirdly—so much so that I have no idea what exactly happened.

Did Kamala and Carole Danvers somehow cosmically switch places?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2022-07-13 at 04:16 PM.