Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
So, uh, tried to watch the pilot, was deeply unimpressed. Does the show get better? It seems like a very....very YA show, relying extremely heavily on coincidence for the plot to move forward, and I really don't care about high school shenanigans.

Is there more to this show, or is it best written off as another Phase 4 failure?
There’s definitely more, and I wouldn’t describe it as a failure by any means.

That said, the show’s strength is in the family drama, and the looming presence of a major historical event which has shaped their lives for generations. Those elements are beautifully done, and the showrunners clearly threw their hearts into it.

But if you’re more interested in straight-up superheroics, unfortunately that’s the weakest element of this show. The first episode was fairly basic setup, with the second probably the strongest overall. I enjoyed the third and fourth very much (one truly hilarious line in particular) but the fifth was a bit off-kilter and the finale is, well, a splashy mess.

Watch the second episode. If it doesn’t draw you in, then you can safely assume the show isn’t your jam.

Originally Posted by Eldan
Eeeeh, nah.
I agree with both drafts of your comments.