Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
That sounds incredibly dumb, as not once before have they ever forced a certain character design on the player. If they were ever to do something to try to state a canon/certain gender for the player, you would think it would be one of the 15 or so main story chapters, not some one off random seasonal event. And even this event, several times the game still refers to your character by the chosen pronouns in dialogue, its just in quests the game stumbles and has the other gender design. Have yet to test it with other mystic codes, so maybe it is something to do with the event. But I would rather believe its simply they messed up which model to load for this single mystic code, then a explicit "the player is THIS" statement.

EDIT: Have now tried it with a different mystic code, and its still the wrong gender for me. So either the event loads the wrong art, or there really is some mandate for a certain design. Yet I swear the game referred to my character with the selected pronouns, rather than ones that matched the forced art. So whatever is happening I really don't get.
Think of it as Ranma 1/2 stuff, as that's what's intended for the event. It's natural they use the correct pronouns as your character is temporarily genderbent.