1. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Z-Wolf] Library: Kits

Level 7 Kits

I've had trouble coming up with Kits that, thematically, Level 7 is an appropriate power level for. Any suggestions?

Spoiler: Archmage
    Show
    [Core] Kit
    Prereqs: Caster Level 6; three Feats with the [Spell] tag; three Talents with the [Seed] tag; Lore of Arcana Talent.
    Benefits:
    • Caster Level +1
    • Gain a bonus Talent with the [Buff] or [Metamagic] tag.
    • Gain a Synergy Bonus to the Impact of your spell attacks, based on your ranks in the Knowledge Skill.
    • You can expend Momentum to use your Awesome Check in place of your Spellcraft.
    Drawbacks:
    • Arcane Aversion: If you wear armor or wield a shield, you incur a penalty to your Spellcraft Check and the Accuracy of your spell attacks. This penalty is equal to the normal Encumbrance penalties incurred by the armor or shield (to Athletics, Dexterity, and Stealth), plus 1 if you are wearing armor, plus 1 if you wield a shield.
    Archetypes:
    • Base Willpower +6; Sage Spellcasting Talent.
    • Anyspell Feat; Weave Seed Talent.

[Epic] Kits

Spoiler: Grandmaster of Flowers
    Show
    [Epic] [Ki] Kit
    Prereqs: Base Reflex +6; base Willpower +6; Athletics Skill 7 Ranks; Perception Skill 9 Ranks; one Feat with the [Grace] tag; two Feats with the [Ki] tag; Unarmed Focus Talent.
    Benefits:
    • Fighting Level +1
    • Caster Level +1
    • Coast Number +1
    • Maximum Vitality Points +2
    • Gain a +2 Discipline Bonus to your Perception Skill.
    • Gain a Discipline Bonus to your Awesome Check. This bonus is equal to the lesser of the two: the number of special abilities with the [Ki] tag that you have taken; or the number of Talents with the [Epic] tag that you have taken.
    • If you have Momentum, you can use a Feat with the [Ki] tag that requires a [Dominant] Action even if you have already taken a [Dominant] Action this turn. This still requires spending a normal Action. After you use this Feat, expend Momentum if you still have it.
    Drawbacks:
    • This Kit occupies one of your Attunement slots for magic items; you can Attune one fewer magic item (at first Echelon) than normal.
    Archetypes:
    • Stunt Attack Feat; Defying Gravity Talent.
    • Tongue of the Sun and Moon Talent.

Spoiler: Legendary Sovereign
    Show
    [Epic] Kit
    Prereqs: Fighting Level 7; Brawn Skill 3 Ranks; Charisma Skill 6 Ranks; Knowledge Skill 3 Ranks; must have been the ruler of a realm.
    Benefits:
    • Fighting Level +1
    • Maximum Vitality Points +4
    • Gain a bonus Talent with the [Aura] tag.
    • Gain a +2 Discipline Bonus to your Charisma Skill.
    • Gain a +2 Discipline Bonus to your Defense Save.
    • Gain a +1 Discipline Bonus to your Fortitude Save.
    • Gain a +1 Discipline Bonus to your Awesome Check.
    • While within a realm that you are the ruler of, Boost any Charisma, Glibness, or Insight Skill checks that you make pertaining to ruling that realm.
    • When you inflict a Hazard with a weapon attack, gain Momentum.
    Archetypes:
    • Rallying Strike Feat.
    • Radiate Aura Feat; (Aura of Courage Talent or Charging War Cry Talent).
    • Charisma Skill 10 Ranks.

Spoiler: Mythic Figure
    Show
    [Core] [Epic] Kit
    Prereqs: Level 9.
    Benefits:
    • Caster Level +1
    • Fighting Level +1 or Coast Number +1
    • Maximum Vitality Points +4
    • Gain a bonus Talent with the [Epic] tag.
    • Gain a +3 Ancestry Bonus to your Fortitude Save.
    • Gain a +2 Ancestry Bonus to your Charisma Skill.
    • Gain a Discipline Bonus to your Awesome Check. This bonus is equal to the number of Talents with the [Epic] tag that you have taken.
    • Increase your natural lifespan by 2% of your ancestry's normal lifespan for each Talent with the [Epic] tag that you have taken.
    Archetypes:
    • Charisma Skill 10 Ranks.

So far I've posted an excellent sampling of all the [Core] Kits in the system, with the exception of more Kits similar to Necromancer/Pyromancer or Axe Master, as noted above. So this should give you a pretty good idea of your options when building a Z-Wolf character, if you understand the terminology involved.
    Last edited by Draz74; 2022-07-15 at 08:09 AM.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.