1. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Z-Wolf] Library: Kits

Monster Kits

Most [Monster] Kits are also [Ancestry] Kits. Most monsters (so far, at least) take one of these [Ancestry] Kits, then mostly take non-[Monster] Kits for their other Kit options; many PC Kits are generic enough that they can apply to unintelligent monsters as well.

There are a couple exceptions, though: non-biological "role" Kits that aren't appropriate for PCs, and are unique to Monsters. I'll start with those here.

[Monster] "Role" Kits

Spoiler: Lurker
    Show
    [Monster] Kit
    Prereqs: none.
    Benefits:
    • Coast Number +1
    • Maximum Vitality Points +2
    • Train your Stealth Skill. (If Stealth is already Trained, you may immediately Retrain that Trained Skill.)
    • By inhabiting a small locale (maximum 20-meter radius or so) for at least a week, you can designate it your Lair. You can only have one designated Lair at a time. In your Lair, you gain the following benefits:
      • When you inflict Fear on a foe, increase that Fear condition's degree by 1.
      • Action: Make a Stealth check (not Dragged!) to become Hidden from creatures from whom you have Concealment or Cover.
      • When you attack a creature with a melee attack, your movement does not provoke Opportunity Attacks from that creature until the end of your turn.

The following is a particularly important Kit for almost any monster that is going to be a boss fight:
    Spoiler: Soloist
    Show
    [Monster] Kit
    Prereqs: Heroics +2; Charisma Skill 2 Ranks; a Liability related to your distaste for working with others (except maybe inferior lackeys).
    Benefits:
    • Fighting Level +1
    • Caster Level +1
    • Coast Number +1
    • Maximum Vitality Points +4
    • Gain a +1 Discipline bonus to your Awesome Check.
    • Free Action: When you inflict a Hazard on a creature or a creature inflicts a Hazard on you, you can "Mark" that creature as an established foe, which lasts for about 5 minutes.
    • Free Action: When an "established foe" gains Momentum, you can attempt an Awesome Check = 17) to gain Momentum.
    • Free Action: At the end of your turn, if you have no Reactions remaining, you can gain two Reactions instead of the normal one Reaction.
    Drawbacks:
    • You cannot gain Momentum through Encouragement.
    • You cannot be targeted by the Commander's Urge Feat.

And the following Kit, while only sort of a Role, is also particularly important, as it enables Z-Wolf's "mass combat" system:
    Spoiler: Swarm
    Show
    [Monster] Kit
    Prereqs: Heroics +1; Spread Out Feat; size category Large or smaller. Expectation: this creature will take the Mob Attack Feat.
    Benefits:
    • Maximum Vitality Points +6
    • Gain a +2 Size bonus to your Brawn Skill.
    • The space you occupy on a battlefield increases by three size categories (to a minimum of Medium-size space). Your allies may share your space, although it is Difficult Terrain for them.
    • Instead of 1 meter, your Spawns can be a distance from you of 3 meters + your Speed modifier without dissipating.
    • Swarm Resilience: You Resist attacks that would normally have a single target, and you are Immune to conditions that originate from effects that target a single creature. You are Immune to the Pressure [Maneuver] Action.
    Drawbacks:
    • Incur a -2 Size penalty to your Defense Save.
    • Your foes may enter and share your space, although it is Difficult Terrain for them.
    • You count as three size categories larger for the purposes of comparing your Stealth to your foes' Perception.
    • You cannot be targeted by beneficial effects that normally target a single creature.
    • Swarm Vulnerabilities: An attack that affects multiple targets (including an area) can affect you more than once by targeting your Spawns as if they were separate creatures. While you have no active Spawns, foes may inflict Hazards on you as if you were Wounded. If any effect would cause you to be Dropped, you dissipate instead.

[Ancestry] [Monster] Kits

Other [Monster] Kits
    Last edited by Draz74; 2022-07-23 at 09:03 AM.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.