1. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Is there a specific mark of censure for the imperial fists?
    Not really. Punishments are private.
    No-one should know that you're a failure. You know you're a failure, and that's all that matters.

What visual effect should i expect that to have?
    Imperial Fists wear scrimshawed bones to represent that they have already atoned for a previous punishment...Usually the bones of their brothers that died due to their failure. But you wouldn't wear your Brother's bones to represent shame. The shame is in not taking your Brother's soul to battle. You wear your Brother's bones to battle to represent forgiveness or atonement. Or, you accept that even Space Marines are not omnipotent, and you accept that your Brother dying in the middle of the battle wasn't actually your fault, and you lay their bones to rest and forgive yourself... In that case there wouldn't be any visual cue - not for the self-imposed punishment, nor for the self-acceptance.

The Pain Glove is a non-invasive method of pain. Leaves no scars or marks.
    Scrimshawing your own bones is extremely invasive and extremely painful. But no-one would really know what you carved into your own bones because a Space Marine would heal - which kind of indicates how hard scrimshawing into your own skeleton would even be for a Space Marine (and Marine-bones...Aren't bone; They're cement).

I believe Lysander was censured - would something have visually reflected that?
    I don't believe so.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2022-07-16 at 12:11 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome