View Single Post

Thread: Who will live, who will die?

1. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Who will live, who will die?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    And you really could have assumed I'm not just too dumb to realize the Scribblers knew about the Snarl, even though they are seen fighting it in the same strip, but here we are.
    Dude, calm down. I haven't called you dumb, implied that you were or even thought that you were.

You replied to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    None of the Scribblers worshipped him and the gods are forbidden from telling mortals about the Snarl if they don't already know.
    with:
    You'll have to excuse me for thinking that, when replying to a sentence about the Scribblers with "maybe that's right, maybe not" and linking to a page that's 99% about the Scribblers, you were still talking about the Scribblers and not the three random no-name joke NPCs in the last panel. I was just confused by this link and even asked you what you meant by that.

Certainly, but "Thor likes dwarves and dwarves like Thor" is hard canon.
    Not, what's hard canon is that Thor is much more popular among the dwarves than among the humans, which just mean that there's a higher proportion of Thor-worshippers in the dwarven population than in the human one. I would bet the same is true of Dvalin, First King of the Dwarves, so I wouldn't assume that any random dwarf is a Thor worshipper.

By the look of it, that's not as huge an issue as you seem to think it is if they die well (which is apparently the norm).
    Again, that's only true if the dwarf is a worshipper of Thor, otherwise they're sent somewhere else. But more importantly, once they're dead, how are they going to contact the goblins? Most people can't afford a Ressurection, and Dwarves are unlikely to Ressurect a loved one who's escaped Hel's clutches. And, that's assumoing these guys are even dead in the first place. Sixty years isn't that long ago in Dwarf Years, for all we know, they're still in the construction business in Some Place Else.

Perhaps. My point is, that between Thor's moments of negligence and stuff like the dwarven contractors( or Kraagor's hypothetical family), that is hardly self-evident.
    What's more likely to you: "Out of the tiny number of people who were aware of the Snarl in the last sixty years, this is the first time one could get a proper briefing from Thor because of those very same rules that tied his hand for all of book 6" or "Thor already had a chance to try and solve the biggest problem he's had in 1, 000, 000, 000, 000s of years but didn't for some reason"?

Well, I sure do prefer that to the AU!variant where it's not Soon's Gate but Dorukan's, if you catch my drift.
    I do not. What does this mean?
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2022-07-21 at 11:28 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.