Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
The joke continues to be "Aurelia doesn't know what she's doing, somehow".
I mean, it seems more like the joke is that Aurelia made a mistake in the heat of the moment and it was at least mildly embarrassing for her and Marigold, which is on brand for both of them. Aurelia is very smart and capable in a lot of ways, but she does get flustered and lose her composure depending on the circumstances, and when she hadn't even planned to meet Marigold yet (she went to CoD out of anxiety about same) it's totally plausible that she might make a minor mistake when trying to do something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I *liked* it when Aurelia was cool. She played bass, and had hot boytoys on call, and was laid back and clever despite both her kids being neurotic messes all the time. I don't understand why Jeph has to make her a dumbass at random intervals, and apparently contradicting the other things we know about her.
She still seems cool to me. She still plays bass and has hot boytoys and is clever and all of that. She's just not a flawless superwoman, and the things which fluster or confuse her are consistent across her appearances and different from other members of the cast. I don't see this as contradicting anything about her, I see this as just a reminder that Aurelia is capable of accidentally hitting the wrong button.