Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
Aside, I feel like the best thing you can say about Disturbed is that they had the good taste to cover "Land of Confusion." Either that or they managed to write a song that became one of Richard Cheese's best ("Down With the Sickness").
Disturbed generally does amazing covers and fits well within their particular genre. Whether or not you like that genre comes down to personal taste. (It's not my favorite.)

And hey, their cover of "Land of Confusion" is up there with Placebo's "Running Up That Hill" or Johnny Cash's "Hurt" as one of those covers that can sit alongside the original without feeling derivative or lesser. (Which would be my most controversial cover opinion if not for my insistence that t.A.T.u.'s cover of "How Soon Is Now?" is better than the original by the Smiths.)

Quote Originally Posted by GregTD View Post
Durkon's solution was "cash out your winnings while you're ahead, and get an invitation to come back for the game next week"
The thing is that Durkon's offer sounding good entirely relies on you trusting Durkon and knowing Durkon is good and honest.

From Redcloak's perspective, a dwarf who already wants him to stop is telling him to stop what he's doing altogether and then afterwards everyone will stop trying to take back Redcloak's winning streak. Even if you assume Durkon is being totally honest about that, the fact is that "quit while you're ahead" is only good advice if you actually believe this is as far ahead as you're going to get. Redcloak believes that Durkon is a sign he's holding a strong hand and the gods are trying to get him to fold before he's ready to call... which, from his perspective, means that he'd be cashing out when he hasn't really played his strength yet.

The fact that we as readers know he's wrong doesn't factor into what he knows as a character.