As Ken promised when your feet touch the pier with a foreboding creaking, the shape of a boat peels itself out of the mist. It seems to be made out of grey wood, that already has partly turned to stone. It seems to lay pretty deep in the shadowy waters, though it's only a bigger step from the pier towards the boat, which has the outline of a gondola. A smaller figure emerges from the pier, taking a step forward to greet you. Grey and black cloth ensheath a small humanoid figure, small furred clawed hands hold an oar, that seems to almost be made from the black waters themselves, flowing in the hands of the figure. Piercing yellow eyes look at you from beneath a cowl. It's a chobin. His voice seems rough and hoarse, like it's not used that often.

"Kharon greets you, weary travellers.

He looks at everyone of you in turn, giving Larimar a small nod.

Another chobin after so short a time, how unusual.

He also gives Coney a nod and then adresses all of you.

You are in luck, if you are aware of it or not. He pauses a moment. The price for your ride. Has already been payed.

Kharon takes a step to the side and makes a flowing gesture towards the gondola, who moves an idea closer towards the pier for easier boarding.

Eliana takes a firm step back. "You know this is all very fascinating but I think I'm just waiting for you here, if that's alright?" Kharon nods towards her, not commenting further.

Though his eyes lock Larimar's. I'm weary of the usual song and dance, that's why I'm asking you directly. Are "you" here to take my place or are you accompanying this group for another reason?