Quote Originally Posted by mjasghar View Post
Referring to intelligent beings as ‘the X problem’ doesn’t tend to end well
And the argument seems to be that peace with the goblinoids will inevitably lead to them killing everyone else. This seems to be gaslighting in favour of genocide - as seen by the reference to rabbits as if goblins are just animals to be exterminated.
I'm not in favor of genocide. But other than, "Nuh-unh," I have not yet seen any rebuttal of the points I've made.

I will provide three real world examples of my point:

Neanderthal
Denisovan
Floresiensis

Three presumably intelligent human relatives who co-existed with modern humans, all three of them appeared to be thriving until modern humans moved into their territories.

There is no evidence of war. In two cases there is evidence of interbreeding. But in all three cases, the arrival of modern man in their territory results in precipitous declines in populations, resulting in their extinction.

This theory can be repeatedly verified by the extinctions of native animals of the Pacific Islands caused by the arrival of rodents. I have already mentioned the peaceful colonization of Australia by rabbits, and the devastation of the native populations that resulted.

When a faster breeding species that utilizes the same resources moves in, genocide is the result. It may not be intentional, and it does not require swords and armies.

So, please show me how hobgoblins, which can produce 26,400 soldiers and the infrastructure to support them in a single generation using marginal resources, are not going to continue to displace humans if granted better resources. The math says it all.

As I said before, The Giant isn't telling the story as I've presented it. He is using the goblinoids as a proxy for marginalized human societies, and has never extrapolated beyond the idea that they are just humans with different colored skins. That's okay. It is his story to tell.

My argument is directed at those posters who said those evil human kings had no excuse for assassinating The Dark One. From my perspective, the human kings had no choice. They could fight a war now, or give the enemy enough time and resources to become unbeatable. The second solution is also genocide, by the way; it is the genocide of the human population