1. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Questionable Content XVIII: "That's only sort of good news"

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I don't particularly buy that the two streams share an audience, or that the streamers would even be aware of each other on a professional level.
    This one kind of makes sense. I have a very, VERY limited experience of vtubers, but from what I have seen their platform is incredibly incestuous even if you don't take into account networks, wikis, and collab-groups with a shared agent or sponsor.

They're both presenting as cis female, they're both American, and they're both independently 'internet famous' above a certain level. Streamers build collabs from WAY less common ground, and them being in a niche community seems like enough of a handwave.

As for everything else... Yeah, pretty much. This is what the comic is now - it's not been about indie rock loving 20-somethings getting into weird situations for about 2000 strips, and it's not going back.

Although I have to admit, the Giga-Chad-Cow face in today's strip is both overwhelmingly horrific, and yet absolutely perfect. Jeph deserves credit for really capturing the degeneracy of Youtube Thumbnail Face, which is separate from but as similarly untreatable as Butts Disease.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2022-07-26 at 03:41 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation