1. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Questionable Content XVIII: "That's only sort of good news"

I'd like to say that I completely agree with you LeSwordfish, but it's the most convoluted ret-con he could have gone for, and it's taken far more work than simply correcting. It it wasn't deliberate, a more simple fix would have been something like:

Aurelia: "Hey, look! I just got my 26,000th subscriber!"
    Anyone: "Twenty-six THOUSAND subscribers!? Assuming you're paid half of the $5 subscription, you make nearly $63,000 per month from this!?"
    Aurelia: "WHAT? Heavens no! Sorry, I meant... followers? Is that the right word? I'm still learning the terminology, as I have repeatedly demonstrated over the last few dozen strips."
    Anyone: *exasperated anime face*

That's two panels, the third could be one of those extra-wide ones with a punchline about how unlikely it would be for a naïve middle-aged person to ever make it that big in such a niche, and yet highly saturated, market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    The biggest reason for them to collab is that they live in the same town, which instantly trivializes a lot of the logistical details of doing something like this.
    It was the other way around, wasn't it? They were organising a collab, and THEN found out that they can practically see each others' houses. I assume that before this phone call, they were planning on... whatever it's called where you combine a video call on stream and have both avatars appear at the same time.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2022-07-26 at 04:43 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation