Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
The biggest reason for them to collab is that they live in the same town, which instantly trivializes a lot of the logistical details of doing something like this. I think this subplot would have made more sense if their identities had been revealed to each other first and then they moved forward with the idea of collaborating. For example, imagine if Victoria appeared on Aurelia's stream (I will grant Marten's comment in the final panel is indeed sage wisdom), and then Marigold idly asked Marten 'so how was your Mom's flight to meet Mommymilkers,' Marten foolishly blurting something like 'no flight, she lives within walking distance,' and going from there.

Two successful streamers in the same small Massachusetts town is a massive coincidence, and while that's perfectly reasonable thing to happen in a sitcom-ified world, it's also something you can build a joke around.
That’s the other bit that’s bugged me since the start of this storyline. Not them being in the same town - that’s standard sitcom stuff.

It’s the whole “superhero secret identity” business with streamers. If you look up most successful streamers above a certain popularity level (well below the supposed success level of Marigold) you can find their real name. It’s not a secret, they’re not worried about obsessed fans. I’ve seen them make appearances on late night talk shows with their real name (MitchFlowerPower went on Colbert).

It’s not the big secret the comic presumes. And even if they don’t publicize their name…it’s STILL not something they hide from friends and family. It’s a job! The way they tiptoe around it is ridiculous and it’s highly improbable word would not have spread amongst the close circle of friends.