Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
That’s the other bit that’s bugged me since the start of this storyline. Not them being in the same town - that’s standard sitcom stuff.

It’s the whole “superhero secret identity” business with streamers. If you look up most successful streamers above a certain popularity level (well below the supposed success level of Marigold) you can find their real name. It’s not a secret, they’re not worried about obsessed fans. I’ve seen them make appearances on late night talk shows with their real name (MitchFlowerPower went on Colbert).

It’s not the big secret the comic presumes. And even if they don’t publicize their name…it’s STILL not something they hide from friends and family. It’s a job! The way they tiptoe around it is ridiculous and it’s highly improbable word would not have spread amongst the close circle of friends.
Marigold is super shy and somewhat afraid of judgement. I think its in-character for her to want to keep it private. Aurelia meanwhile doesnt seem to be concerned with proactively keeping it secret as such, she just isnt advertising her identity at all. When she thought somebody figured her out, her reaction was "wow, cool, a fan!" not "Uh oh, I've been made! To the bunker!"