Quote Originally Posted by Necrosnoop110 View Post
I realize this is a stretch because not all the facts are available but how do you think you and your gaming group will handle a full-on new edition? Assuming we get one. Are you a "5E for life" kind of D&Der? Do you think 5E will have as much inertia as 3E did? I still know tables that have no intention of moving beyond 3E as a forgone conclusion.

Just curious of your general thoughts here...
As far as a 5.5 (or whatever they call the 2024 update) goes, I’ve liked some of the changes they’ve already shown that I’m assuming are leading up to 2024, such as flexible ability scores and more feats but I am firmly on team Short Rest so the shift to PB/LR is annoying (even if I understand the reasoning). I’ll probably be the first of my group to pick up the new PHB and read through it. If I don’t like it I won’t recommend switching and I don’t imagine anyone else in my group is likely to look into it too much unless I pester them.
Whenever 6e comes out it’ll really depend on what the game looks like. It’s hard enough to get my group to look at another system for a one-shot so even if I like it more than 5(.5?), if I only like it a little bit more it’s probably not worth pushing.